Providing commercialization, transition, and professional assistance to small businesses
What is Navy STP?
Now in its 21st year, the Navy STP (SBIR/STTR Transition Program) has been a long-standing vehicle for connecting SBIR/STTR-funded technologies with warfighters, government acquisition and technical personnel, prime contractor, system integrators, and other potential partners/collaborators. The program takes a holistic approach to assisting selected small businesses transition their technologies through business mentoring, training, marketing material creation, and business development activities and promotion.
The Navy STP will help prepare selected small businesses to transition their DON SBIR/STTR-funded technology by providing the following services:
- Assisting in the development of targeted marketing materials
- Providing relevant market research appropriate to the Small Business’s technology and transition targets
- Identifying leads for potential transition opportunities
- Mentoring on the government/prime contractor relationships
- Instructing on the government acquisition environment and policies
- Promoting small businesses and their SBIR/STTR technologies on the Virtual Transition Marketplace (VTM)
- Assisting with exhibiting at the annual Forum for SBIR/STTR Transition (Navy FST)
Small businesses looking for another small business to collaborate with or those with Navy and Marine Corps Phase I SBIR/STTR contracts: we can help you find commercialization solutions.
- Our goal is to connect your technology with government and industry leaders with specific needs.
Corporate Leadership, Program Managers, Business Developers, SBIR/Small Business Leads, Engineers, and Supplier Diversity Leads seeking an advantage in competitive technologies can connect with SBIR/STTR Small Businesses with competitive advantage technologies.
- Agile small business technologies help you solve customer problems with innovative solutions that meet cost, schedule, and performance needs.
- Independent Research & Development (IR&D) efforts can stretch limited investment funds, concentrating efforts in areas not addressed.
- Realize teaming options on new proposals and existing programs - these companies fill the “utilize small business” square.
- Understand and identify current state-of-the-art technologies.
Key stakeholders from Department of the Navy Systems Commands (SYSCOMS), Program Executive Offices (PEOs), and Program Management Offices; including military branches and government agencies seeking innovative solutions for technology needs & improvements.
- Find, meet, and connect - discover SBCs solving current and future technology needs.
- Discover agile small business innovations that solve your cost, schedule, and performance needs.
- Find innovative solutions for your technology needs where you didn’t expect them.
About the SBIR/STTR Program
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs encourage domestic small businesses to engage in Federal Research/Research and Development (R/R&D) that has the potential for commercialization. Through a competitive awards-based program, SBIR and STTR enable small businesses to explore their technological potential and provides the incentive to profit from its commercialization. By including qualified small businesses in the nation's R&D arena, high-tech innovation is stimulated and the United States gains entrepreneurial spirit as it meets its specific research and development needs.
FY 21Navy Transitions (Phase IIIs)
Transitions Spring 2022 Newsletter
Transitions Winter 2022 Newsletter
Read about Corrdesa’s anticorrosion technology deployed with the F-35. Get updates on upcoming Navy FST events.
Transitions Summer 2021 Newsletter
Read about one small business's experience at BALTOPS, and meet our current cohort of innovative companies.
Bascom Hunter Technologies Success Story
The Challenge Wireless interference is one of the biggest causes of ...
2022 Innovative Defense Technologies LLC
THE CHALLENGE There is a need to implement Automated Verification and Validation (V&...
Multi-Ship Sonar Bistatic Automatic Active Localization
The Navy has an interest in applying state-of-the-art cutting-edge digital ...
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Navy STP, and who is the ideal fit for the program?
What are the benefits of joining Navy STP over other options?
What is Navy STP’s relationship to SBIR/STTR?
What is Navy STP’s relationship to Navy FST?
Get answers to frequently asked questions about the program.